Why is TwinSpires ceasing operations in New Hampshire and no other ADW’s?
Due to regulatory changes in New Hampshire, TwinSpires has chosen to cease operation in the state.
When will TwinSpires be back in New Hampshire?
As of right now we do not know what the future holds for TwinSpires as an Advance Deposit Wagering Platform for Horse Racing in New Hampshire but we are hopeful to serve you again soon.
1. Will I still be able to use my TwinSpires Account?
Once wagering is blocked on November 6th you will be able to access your account to see My Account, Account History and Tax Documents under “My Profile”. You will not be able to see track programs or video.
2. What happens to my account information once the wagering function ceases?
Your account information will remain on file per regulatory requirements. If you wish, you can request that the account be suspended/locked so that no one can log in to the account without first contacting player services to have it enabled.
3. My account is locked. How do I unlock it?
You will need to contact Player Services to have your account enabled.
4. Access to close/timed-out/suspended accounts?
An account that is closed or suspended cannot be accessed by the account holder. Any account that is in good standing can request a copy of tax documents or win-loss statements through Player Services. 2022 W2g reports will be sent to the account address on file in January 2023 per the IRS regulations.
5. Do I need to withdraw my current balance?
You should withdraw your current balance within 10 days of wager suspension (by November 16th). Withdrawals will be disabled on all accounts effective November 21, 2022. Any accounts with remaining balances will be sent a check to the address on file beginning November 24, 2022.
6. How can I withdraw my current balance?
You can withdraw your available balance less any pending/processing deposits at any time.
7. What happens to the money I do not withdraw?
Withdrawals will be disabled on all accounts effective November 21, 2022. Any accounts with remaining balances will be sent a check to the address on file beginning November 24.
8. Will my points expire if I do not use them before operations cease or can I keep them in my account? Points may only be redeemed for wagering credit and will expire on the 15th of the month one year after they are issued. Unexpired points cannot be redeemed after wagering is blocked on November 6. You should redeem your unexpired points prior to November 6 to prevent any points from expiring.
9. If I visit a CDI facility, will I still have my VIP status?
VIP status that is earned in 2022 will remain in effect for full year 2023.
10. Will I lose my status next year?
Your VIP status will remain in effect for full-year 2023. As of right now we do not know what the future holds for TwinSpires as an Advance Deposit Wagering Platform for Horse Racing in New Hampshire but we are hopeful to serve you again soon. We will evaluate the VIP status question at the time when we can resume services in New Hampshire.