When are the Kentucky Oaks and the Kentucky Derby?
The Kentucky Oaks will be run on Friday, April 30th at 5:51 PM EST. It is race #11. The Kentucky Derby will be run on Saturday, May 1st at 6:57 PM EST. It is race #12.
Where can I watch the Oaks and Derby ?
You can watch the Oaks and Derby live on Twinspires.com.
Tuesday / Wednesday / Thursday -- Live on FOX, check for hours
Friday -- NBCSports 12-6p
Saturday -- NBCSports 12-2:30p / NBC 2:30-7:30p (estimated post time of 6:57p)
When and How do I wager?
We will offer advance wagering for the Oaks and The Derby. You will be able to do Advance Wagering on each day's races on:
- Thursday, April 29th for both the Oaks day and the Derby day races. Normal wagering will also be ongoing for Thursday's regular racing at Churchill Downs.
- Friday, April 30th, You will be able to wager on the Oaks card as well as Advance Wager on the Derby card (all races).
- Saturday, May 1st on the Derby until just before the race is run.
You will be able to place your wagers one of several ways:
- Online through the website/app: click HERE for a video on how to wager
- Automated Voice Response (IVR) via the phone. Call 877-774-7371 Press 1 for Wagering, then IVR.
- Over the phone with a operator: Call us at 877-774-7371 and press 1 for Wagering, then live teller.
What is the wagering menu/ what types of wagers will be available?
For the full Wagering Menu for the Oaks and Derby, click HERE:
I placed some Future Wagers. Where can I find what the final odds were and which horse I wagered on?
After checking your account to find out the Pool number, the wager type, and number of the horse you wagered on (click on "Bets" in your account) you can go here to find this information: https://www.kentuckyderby.com/wager/future-wager
When will we know what horses will be running? When is the Post Position Draw?
The Kentucky Derby Post Position Draw will take place on Tuesday, April 27th at 11:00 AM EST.
When will Past performance information be available?
Past performances and other handicapping information should start to be available later in day after the draw on Tuesday, April 27th.
How to wager with us
To wager with us, you must first create an account. Once you create your account, you make a deposit via one of the deposit options into your account. You can then make wagers from this account balance. If any of your wagers win, the money is put back into your wagering account. You can then withdraw your funds via one of the withdrawal options.
Please note that right after the Derby, your account will not be accessible for about 30 minutes. This is normal due to the high volume of wagers being processed. There will be a message on the site.