- This set of House Rules govern the use of the TwinSpires Sports Book. When placing a bet with TwinSpires, the Patron is therefore agreeing that the Patron has read, understood and will adhere to these House Rules including the general Betting Rules and the Terms and Conditions at any time applicable to TwinSpires.
- The use of this Sports Book is subject to the regulations imposed by the applicable regulator.
- Any dispute relating in any way to the use of this Sports Book should be emailed to Contact@TwinSpires.com. If we are unable to resolve your dispute, you may be entitled to dispute resolution with the state gaming regulator.
- TwinSpires reserves the right to make changes to the site, betting limits, payout limits and offerings.
- TwinSpires may update, amend, edit and supplement these House Rules, Betting Rules and the Terms and Conditions at any time.
- Any reference in these House Rules to words/objects that appear in singular also applies to plural. References to gender are non-binding and to be treated for information purposes only.
- "Error" is a mistake, misprint, misinterpretation, mishearing, misreading, mistranslation, spelling mistake, technical hazard, registration error, transaction error, manifest error, force majeure and/or similar. An obvious error is an error that is easy to understand and clear to see. Examples of errors include, but are not limited to:
- bets accepted during technical problems that would otherwise not have been accepted;
- bets placed on events/offers that have already been decided;
- bets on markets containing incorrect participants;
- bets placed at odds that are materially different from those available in the general market at the time the bet was placed;
- bets offered at odds which reflect an incorrect score situation; or else,
- odds being clearly incorrect given the chance of the event occurring at the time the bet was placed.
- "Influence Betting" is an act, prohibited by TwinSpires, where a Patron, or parties acting in association with a Patron, can influence the outcome of a match or an event - directly or indirectly.
- "Syndicate Betting" is an act, prohibited by TwinSpires, where Patrons act together to place a series of bets on the same event or competition. Where there is evidence of Patrons acting together in this manner TwinSpires reserves the right to void the relevant bets and/or withhold payment pending the outcome of subsequent investigations.
- “Prohibited Sports Wagering Participant”, as defined by Indiana regulations, includes the following:
- Any entity that is not an individual.
- A person who is not 21 years of age.
- Directors, officers, and employees of Rising Star Casino Resort and sports wagering vendors and service providers as well as a relative living in the same household of such individuals.
- With respect to a sporting event sponsored, organized, or conducted by a particular sports governing body, any of the following:
- An employee of the sports governing body.
- A game official employed by or under contract with the sports governing body.
- A coach, manager, or other personnel employed by or under contract with a member club of the sports governing body.
- An athlete who is:
- under contract with a member club of the sports governing body in the case of a team sport; or
- eligible to participate in events conducted by the sports governing body in the case of an individual sport.
- An employee of a union representing athletes or game officials.
- A relative living in the same household of an individual described in the above sections i through v.
- An individual convicted of a state or federal crime relating to sports wagering.
- An individual who has enrolled in the Rising Star Casino Resort self-exclusion program or has been evicted from Rising Star Casino Resort or the Sportsbook.
- Patrons that are enrolled in the Indiana Gaming Commission Voluntary Exclusion Program (“VEP”), the Internet Self Exclusion Program (“ISEP”), or the Statewide Exclusion program.
- Individuals engaging in conduct that undermines the integrity of sports wagering or the sporting event involved, including but not limited to, an attempt to place a wager as an agent or a proxy for another individual.
3. Bet Acceptance
- A bet is not valid until it is validated. In cases of uncertainty about the validity of a bet, it is the Patron’s responsibility to check the bet slip or contact a customer service representative.
- Unless accepted in Error, once accepted, a bet will remain valid and cannot be withdrawn. It is the responsibility of the Patron to ensure details of the bets placed are correct. Under no circumstance will TwinSpires accept any responsibility for any mistakes (perceived and actual), deriving from either Errors as listed above, or any other reason, such as but not limited to, incorrect listing of the odds/betting objects.
- Should a dispute arise about the acceptance (or lack thereof) of any transaction, the book Management will be the ultimate authority in deciding such matters.
4. Betting and Payout Limitations
- TwinSpires reserves the right to limit the payout by limiting the stake (amount wagered) on any bet or combination of bets by one Patron. This limit may be lower depending on the specific sport, league and type of bet offer. For further information it is recommended to consult the Sport Specific Limits.
- All bet selections are subject to pre-imposed limits set solely at TwinSpires's discretion which may be lower than the limits mentioned above. Should this limit be reached, the Patron has the right to ask for it to be exceeded. TwinSpires reserves the right to accept (fully or partially) or reject the said request without any prior notice and further explanation.
- TwinSpires reserves the right to decline, solely at its own discretion, all, or part of, any bet requested. This includes the possibility that a "System bet" as defined in the Betting Rules is not accepted in full, either in terms of stakes or combinations included in said "System bet".
- TwinSpires reserves the right to restrict or deny access, totally or partly, to a patron, at its own discretion.
- All bets placed through any TwinSpires platform, also including bets requesting manual approval, may be subject to a time delay prior to acceptance, the length of which may vary. Such delay is to be determined by TwinSpires at its sole discretion.
- TwinSpires reserves the right to withhold payment and/or to declare bets void on an event (or series of events), if there is sufficient evidence that any of the following has occurred:
- the integrity of the event has been called into question;
- the price(s) or pool has been manipulated;
- Match-rigging has taken place, or the match is under investigation for such.
Evidence of the above may be based on the size, volume or pattern of bets placed with TwinSpires across any or all of its betting channels, as well as information received from other betting providers or officially recognized organizations.
- All odds offered are subject to variation. Such fluctuation is determined solely at TwinSpires's discretion. Bets are accepted only at the odds available at the time the bet was accepted by TwinSpires, irrespective of any other claim or previous publication present on the website or any other media detailing otherwise.
- All payout calculations when settling bets will be done based on decimal odds, irrespective of any other format displayed/chosen at time of bet placement.
- TwinSpires accepts various methods for funding Wagering Accounts, such as (but not limited to)
- Wire transfers for deposits into accounts. Wires are subject to pre-approval and may be returned at TwinSpires discretion.
- ACH electronic.
- Credit card or pre-paid card.
- Any other method as approved by the Indiana Gaming Commission
5. Cancellation (Voiding) of Bets
- A bet can be declared void, and will be, if that event settled with odds of 1.00.
- A bet made as a parlay shall remain valid notwithstanding a match or an event which is part of the accumulative bet being void.
- Games must be played on date scheduled. Postponement that exceeds 24 hours constitutes no action and money will be refunded. When an event is cancelled, all related bets will be void automatically. If any event is abandoned due to injury, bad weather, crowd trouble, etc., all bets that have already been settled up until the time of abandonment will stand.
- TwinSpires reserves the right, at its own discretion, to declare a bet void, totally or partly, if it is obvious that any of the following circumstances have occurred:
- Bets have been offered, placed and/or accepted due to an Error;
- Bets placed while the website was encountering technical problems, that would otherwise not have been accepted;
- Influence Betting;
- Syndicate Betting;
- A result has been affected by criminal actions - directly or indirectly;
- A public announcement has occurred in relation to the bet which alters significantly the odds.
- A bet made as an accumulative bet shall never include two or more offers the outcomes of which might turn out to be related (e.g. Team X to become champions and Player Y to be Top Goal Scorer in the same league). Although TwinSpires takes all necessary steps to prevent such possibilities, should this occur, TwinSpires reserves the right, solely at its own discretion, to declare void all parts of the accumulative bet which include the correlated outcomes.
- Bets can be voided regardless of whether the event has been settled or not.
- Furthermore, all bets placed (and/or accepted) in the following circumstances will be declared void:
- Pre-match betting
- Betting effected after the event has started;
- Betting effected after a related event was underway and where conditions could have been altered in a direct and indisputable way.
- Betting effected at incorrect price due to delayed or failing ‘Live’ coverage;
- Betting effected on particular offers after these have occurred, or else after an event which could normally be deemed as leading to the outcome has happened or is happening (e.g. bets placed on offers such as Total Goals Scored or Next Goal while a penalty is being taken, or has been awarded);
- Betting effected on odds which represented a different score than the actual.
6. Disclaimer and Priority
- TwinSpires reserves the right, at its own discretion, to adjust a payout credited to a Patron’s balance if it is obvious that the payout has been credited to the Patron due to an Error.
- In order to adjust any inaccuracy in the Patron's balance following amounts credited due to an Error, TwinSpires reserves the right to take any necessary action, without prior notice and within reasonable limits, to adjust the Patron's balance through the reversal, amendment or cancellation, of any subsequent transaction.
- TwinSpires reserves the right to suspend a Patron’s access until it completes any investigations it deems necessary.
- These rules are applicable to all transactions with TwinSpires Sports Book, and may be supplemented with other the Betting Rules and the Terms & Conditions. In the event of ambiguity, priority should be considered in the following order:
- Rules and conditions published in conjunction with an offer and/or campaign;
- Should these be inconclusive, reference will be made to these House Rules first and the Indiana-Specific House Rules second, unless the Betting Rules declare otherwise.
- In cases where TwinSpires deems these Rules inconclusive, TwinSpires reserves the right, according to its own discretion, to settle wagers on an individual basis on the basis of equity, attaining itself to generally accepted betting norms, customs and definitions.
- Any data provided or accessible in, from or related to the Sports Book may be used by the Patron for private, non-commercial use only and any use or attempted use of such data for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited.
- TwinSpires has the right to enforce a term of the contract relating to the Sports Book against any Patron.
- TwinSpires will make every reasonable effort to resolve disputes. Patrons may call TwinSpires at 1-877-774-7371 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If a patron dispute cannot be resolved in person, the patron will be offered a Guest Claim Slip to complete. The claim will be investigated and TwinSpires will send a response to the patron in writing within ten (10) calendar days. If the complaint cannot be resolved to the satisfaction of the patron and the complaint involves a patron account, settlement of wagers, and/or illegal activity, then a copy of the complaint and TwinSpire’s response will be provided to the Indiana Gaming Commission. If a patron is unhappy with the resolution, they can escalate the complaint to the Indiana Gaming Commission at SWPC@igc.IN.gov. Any dispute shall be resolved in accordance with applicable law and regulations.
7. Responsible Gaming
- To set a responsible gaming limit, please see the Responsible Gaming section of your account.
- Deposit Limits - You can set daily, weekly, or monthly limits which prevent you from being able to deposit more than a specified amount during that period. The limit you set relates to your entire account balance. To do this, simply enter the maximum amount you want to be able to deposit over the specified timeframe and submit your request. So long as your request is properly entered, your deposit limit will be instantly applied to your account.
Any decrease you set to an existing limit will be effective immediately. Any increase you set to an existing limit will become effective only after the time period of the previously set limit has expired and after you have confirmed the new limit.
- Betting Limits – You can set daily, weekly, or monthly limits which prevent you from being able to bet more than a specified amount during that period. To do so, simply access the betting limits from a pull-down menu and select the maximum amount you want to be able to bet over the specified duration and submit your request. So long as the request is properly entered, your betting limit will be instantly applied to your account. Any decrease you set to an existing limit will be effective immediately. Any increase you set to an existing limit will become effective only after the time period of the previously set limit has expired and after you have confirmed the new limit.
- Time-based Limits - You can set a maximum amount of time, measured hourly, after which you will be restricted from placing bets on this site. To do so, simply enter the maximum number of hours per day you want to be able to spend playing and submit your request. So long as the request is properly entered, your time limit will be instantly applied to your account. When the time-based limit is reached, you will be permitted to complete any round of play commenced before the limit was reached and, when complete, your access to the account will be disabled.
Patron requests to increase the time limit restrictions are effectively immediately.
Patron requests to decrease or remove the time limit restrictions can be requested at any time but will not become effective until 24 hours after the time of the request.
- Self-exclusion - Should you need to take a break from gaming, tools to assist guests in restricting themselves from placing bets and accessing betting platforms for a specific period of time are available through TwinSpires’s Timeout tools. Self-exclusion means that your account will remain closed for a minimum period of 12 months; with additional options for five (5) years or Lifetime. Unlike a standard account closure request, accounts that are subject to self-exclusion will not be reactivated during the exclusion period. Self-exclusion requests are designed to take effect immediately upon successful completion of a self-exclusion request.
- Timeout - Should you need a cooling off period from gaming, you can choose to self-suspend access to your wagering account. Self-suspension periods begin with a minimum period of 72 hours, during which time you will not be able to login. Please contact customer service should you want your funds returned during that period. The account will be automatically accessible after the timeout period has expired. Timeout is offered for a period of up to 30 days.
- Close Account – If you wish to close your account please contact us using the information in the Contact Us page.
- Internet Self-Restriction Program - Should you need to take a break from gaming, tools to assist guests in restricting themselves from placing bets and accessing betting platforms for a specific period of time are available through the Indiana Gaming Commission’s Internet Self-Restriction Program. Self-restriction means that your account will remain closed for a minimum period of 12 months; with additional options for five (5) years. Unlike a standard account closure request, accounts that are subject to self-restriction will not be reactivated during the exclusion period, unless we receive an appropriate order from the Indiana Gaming Commission. Internet Self-Restriction Program requests are designed to take effect once TwinSpires is notified by the Indiana Gaming Commission.
Please see the Responsible Gaming section of your account to self-exclude. More information on the Internet Self-Restriction Program can also be found here: https://www.in.gov/igc/2869.htm
- There are also a number of support organizations available which offer valuable information and advice across a range of areas, such as:
- The Internet Self-Restriction Program administered by the Indiana Gaming Commission: https://www.in.gov/igc/2869.htm
- The Voluntary Exclusion Program administered by the Indiana Gaming Commission: https://www.in.gov/igc/2331.htm
- Indiana Gambling Help at www.indianagamblinghelp.com
- The Indiana Council on Problem Gaming at www.indianaproblemgambling.org
- The National Council on Problem Gambling 27/4 Helpline: 1-800-522-4700 or visit their website at www.ncpgambling.org
- Gambler’s Anonymous information and meetings at www.gamblersanonymous.org
- Gam-Anon information and meetings at www.gam-anon.org